Skip Navigation

Clinic News

AMG Sequoia Drive Physical Therapy moving to new, improved location

Advocate Medical Group’s (AMG) Physical Therapy service off of Sequoia Drive in Aurora is making a small location move that means big improvements for patients.

AMG Physical Therapy will move to an upgraded and improved facility just west of its current spot to 2363 Sequoia Drive in Aurora, effective July 10, 2017. The new location is a few doors down from the existing site, in the Rasmussen College building.

This innovative facility will offer physical therapy patients an expanded gym space with larger windows, spacious waiting area, dedicated parking near the entrance and more. The entire AMG Physical Therapy staff is moving to the upgraded facility, so patients will continue to receive outstanding care and service.

People can find and contact the improved AMG Physical Therapy location at: 

Sequoia - Physical Therapy 

2363 Sequoia Dr.
Aurora, IL 60506
630-264-8440

Advocate Dreyer Timeline

PDF Print E-mail

Advocate Dreyer Timeline

The traditions of expert medical care and compassion delivered at Advocate Dreyer started with a doctor and his bicycle. His legacy of progressive and sensitive medical care lives on through the team of doctors and associates working at the Clinic today; who have pledged themselves to giving patients the best care possible. We are proud to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Advocate Dreyer!

Click to enlarge photos

1900

1905 - John W. Dreyer, M.D., a young native of Wisconsin fresh out of Rush Medical School, set up his practice in Aurora, Illinois, a prairie town built around a saw mill with an opera house once visited by Irish playwright Oscar Wilde.

1910

1914 - Dr. Dreyer rode his bicycle to North Aurora during a blizzard to deliver diphtheria vaccine to a young boy, thus saving his life.

1920

1922 - Dr. Dreyer formed an informal partnership with Elliott Denney, M.D. Their offices were complete with a laboratory and an x-ray machine at a time when diagnostic technical devices were rare and antibiotics had not yet been discovered.

1926 - They were joined by Dr. Leland Anderson and Dr. Walter Milbacher, and established a practice in custom-built offices on the top floor of the new Graham Building on the island in the Fox River in downtown Aurora.

1930

1931 - The group grew to six physicians and officially registered for the first time in the State of Illinois as the Dreyer-Denney Clinic.

1935 - Internist Clarence L. Gardner, M.D. joined the practice, and Dr. Dreyer became well-known as an innovative general practitioner who made house calls on a bicycle.

1940

1942 - Dr. Harry Greeley and Dr. William Blackburn joined the Clinic when Aurora was facing a severe shortage of physicians; most had been inducted into the armed services.

1946 - The practice was renamed the Clinic of Dreyer, Denney, Milbacher and Gardner.

1950

1950 - Dr. John Abell joined as the first pediatrician in the group, and Dr. John Landes, surgeon, joined the following year.

1952 - The tradition of selecting only board-certified or board-eligible doctors was established.

1960

1960 - The Clinic grew to 12 physicians to accommodate the city's rapidly growing population (63,700) and now occupied 4 floors of the Graham Building.

1961 - Dr. John Dreyer retired in 1961 after 56 years of active practice, the same year the Clinic purchased three and half acres of prime farm land on Aurora's far west side.

1964 - On August 3, 1964, the group shortened its name to Advocate Dreyer and moved into a new, custom-built 26,000-square-foot facility on West Galena Boulevard.

1968 - Dr. John W. Dreyer passed away at the age of 91.

1970

1972 - Advocate Dreyer was accredited by the American Group Practice Association and has maintained accreditation ever since.

1973 - A complete upper floor was constructed at West Aurora.

1979 - John Potter was hired as Administrator.

1980

1980 - The Fox Valley Villages location was established as rapid growth occurred east of the city.

1984 - The Clinic expanded its practice to 42 physicians with additional specialties such as cardiology, infectious diseases, and emergency medicine. Another satellite office was established in Oswego by merging with a small family practice group.

1985 - Upon completion of a $3.2 million expansion and renovation of West Aurora, the main entrance was moved to the south side of the facility and the Urgent Care/Occupational Health Department relocated to the north side.

1986 - Dreyer leased office space on Fabyan Parkway to develop a Batavia satellite.

1990

1993 - The newly constructed 92,270-square-foot Mercy Campus site opened.

1994 - Offices were leased at West Downer Place to house the Psychiatry Department, Administration, and Dreyer Health Plans.

1995 - Two new satellite offices opened - one in Yorkville and the other on the Rush-Copley Medical Center campus.

1996 - Advocate Health Care purchased Advocate Dreyer.

1997 - Advocate Dreyer was one of 13 medical groups out of 353 nationwide recognized as a Best Practice by the Medical Group Management Association.

1998 - Dreyer's website, advocatedreyer.com was launched and a pediatric practice in St. Charles was acquired.

1999 - Dreyer opened new satellites in Plainfield and Hinckley. Advocate Dreyer was ranked first among provider groups in the Chicago market by HMO Illinois members.

2000

2001 - The Electronic Medical Record went "live" in Pediatrics at West Aurora, the beginning of a two-year roll-out. Twenty-two new physicians joined Dreyer.

2002 - The Dreyer Cancer Center opened as part of a 20,000-square-foot addition to Mercy Campus.

2003 - More than 70 Dreyer physicians participated in a tort reform rally held at the Daley Center Plaza in Chicago. The new Oswego site opened. To comply with new state legislation, the three Urgent Care Centers were renamed Walk-In Care.

2005 - In its first joint venture with Rush-Copley, Dreyer opened the Riverwest Radiation Therapy Center at Mercy Campus, and a healing garden was created in the open space between Riverwest and the Dreyer Cancer Center. The Yorkville office moved to a new larger location.

2006 - State-of-the-art dedicated endoscopy suites opened at Mercy Campus.

2007 - John Potter, President/CEO retired. Advocate Dreyer grew to 142 physicians and 27 allied health professionals. Donna Cooper began as President/CEO, and Dreyer embraced the Lean management philosophy that was initiated in Japan by Toyota. Sports medicine was introduced as a subspecialty within Orthopaedics.

2008 - The economy dove into a recession, causing a halt of many expansion and development projects throughout Dreyer and Advocate. The St. Charles site was closed.

2009 - Dreyer broke ground for a new Batavia location on West Fabyan Parkway. Live Walk-In Care wait times were introduced on the Clinic website. Eight new physicians joined, with the Clinic totaling 150 physicians and 40 midlevel providers, representing 27 medical specialties.

2010

2010 - The Mercy Campus site was renamed Highland. The Dreyer Center for Pain Management opened. Dreyer became the first organization to earn AAAHC accreditation as a Medical Home for managed care patients. 19 physicians joined Dreyer, and the new Batavia site opened.

2011 - Dreyer began offering eVisits for adult MyChart users over the age of 18. Twelve of Dreyer's physicians were selected among the nation's Top Doctors by U.S. News Media Group and Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Dreyer moved into the entire fourth floor of a new physician office building on the Rush-Copley Medical Center campus.

2012 - Advocate Dreyer celebrates 90 years!