Skip Navigation

Clinic News

AMG Sequoia Drive Physical Therapy moving to new, improved location

Advocate Medical Group’s (AMG) Physical Therapy service off of Sequoia Drive in Aurora is making a small location move that means big improvements for patients.

AMG Physical Therapy will move to an upgraded and improved facility just west of its current spot to 2363 Sequoia Drive in Aurora, effective July 10, 2017. The new location is a few doors down from the existing site, in the Rasmussen College building.

This innovative facility will offer physical therapy patients an expanded gym space with larger windows, spacious waiting area, dedicated parking near the entrance and more. The entire AMG Physical Therapy staff is moving to the upgraded facility, so patients will continue to receive outstanding care and service.

People can find and contact the improved AMG Physical Therapy location at: 

Sequoia - Physical Therapy 

2363 Sequoia Dr.
Aurora, IL 60506
630-264-8440

Founder

PDF Print E-mail

drdreyer_bicycleThe traditions of expert medical care and compassion you will receive at Advocate Dreyer started with a doctor and his bicycle. When he founded the Clinic in 1922, Dr. John W. Dreyer already had a reputation for being an innovative general practitioner known for making house calls on a bicycle. His most historic ride occurred in 1914 when he rode to North Aurora through a blinding snowstorm to save the life of a child with a dose of desperately needed diphtheria vaccine.

When you start with that kind of dedication, you build a cycle of care that really lasts, and our founder's vision rides on. The values and ideals the Dr. Dreyer espoused continue to inspire those that follow in his footsteps. His legacy of progressive and sensitive medical care lives on through the many doctors practicing at the Clinic today who have pledged themselves to giving you the best care possible.

The evolution of Advocate Dreyer dates back to 1905, when Dr. John W. Dreyer began his practice in Aurora, Illinois, a community recommended to him by an older physician for its many opportunities. Born near Madison, Wisconsin, in 1877, Dr. Dreyer graduated from Rush Medical School in 1903 and spent a year in residency at St. Luke's Hospital in Chicago, as well as a year in Vienna studying surgery, before commencing his 56 years of practice in Aurora.

Dr. Dreyer became well-known for his tireless energy, congenial personality, skill, and conscientious devotion to his patients. These factors, coupled with his alertness to medical progress, soon made him a leader in his profession and a popular and highly respected surgeon.

Dr. Dreyer and Dr. Elliott Denney became associated in 1922, when the population of Aurora was only 40,000. Their practice was located in a five-room office in the eight-story Graham Building on Stolp Island in downtown Aurora. By 1930, the group had grown to 6 doctors. In 1946, it took the name The Clinic of Dreyer, Denney, Milbacher and Gardner and occupied the top four floors of the Graham Building.

On August 3, 1964, the name was shortened to Advocate Dreyer, in honor of Dr. Dreyer's retirement, and the entire operation was moved into a larger, custom-built facility on West Galena Boulevard which was originally a cornfield. During the next 30 years, the West Aurora site was added on to several times, while other facilities were acquired or constructed. In 1980, the first satellite office was established in the Fox Valley Villages area. In 1984, when the group numbered 42 physicians, a family practice group in Oswego was purchased. In 1986, a satellite in Batavia opened. Officially opening in 1993, Dreyer's 92,000-square-foot Highland satellite office was designed to house specialties such as surgery, cardiology, and orthopaedics, as well as the Ambulatory Surgery Center. In 1994, facilities were leased on Edgelawn Drive in Aurora for Administration and Psychiatry. In 1995, new offices were opened in Yorkville and on the campus of the Rush-Copley Medical Center. In 1998, a St. Charles pediatrics practice was acquired and moved two years later to larger new quarters on the far east side of St. Charles. New offices in Plainfield and Hinckley were opened in 1999. The Oswego office moved to a new and much larger facility in late fall 2003. The Yorkville office moved to a new, expanded site in fall of 2005.

Dreyer was accredited for the first time in 1972 and has maintained accreditation ever since. In 1984, the doctors started their own insurance company which was later purchased by Blue Cross Blue Shield. Dreyer became an affiliate of the Advocate Health Care system in July of 1996. In 1997, Dreyer was recognized nationwide as a "Best Practice" by the Medical Group Management Association.

Today Dreyer has over 170 physicians that represent nearly 30 specialties and see patients at 12 different locations in 8 communities. Over 98% of the doctors are board-certified or board-eligible, and they are supplemented by nearly 60 allied health professionals and a full range of ancillary services, including 3 Walk-In Care sites. In 2014, there were more than 800,000 visits.

What began as a two-person practice in downtown Aurora has grown into one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in north central Illinois. Today's doctors serve a 5-county area with more than one million residents.