Many people struggle with tax issues. But if you are facing a tax problem, there is a solution. You can take the help of a tax attorney who can get you out of the trouble. But before hiring an IRS tax lawyer Houston, you need to know about the responsibilities of a tax lawyer. Also, you should know which lawyer will be the best to handle your situation. Here are some important things you need to know about tax lawyers Houston
What do IRS Tax lawyers do?
Qualifications of the Tax Lawyers
The first thing you need to know is their qualification. These professionals need to get a bachelor’s degree then go to law school to get a Juris Doctor degree. Some might even go on to do an LL.M degree in Taxation.
Specialization of Tax Attorneys
An IRS tax lawyer has to deal with many legal problems for their clients. Here are some of the fields where they have in-depth knowledge and can help you to find a solution better than anyone.
- Removal of Wage Garnishment: The lawyer will take necessary actions to stop wage garnishments and assist you in taking the necessary steps you should take against the actions of the IRS.
- Release of Tax Lien: A tax lawyer will help obtain a release of any liens against your property and find the solution for your tax debt repayment.
- Release of Tax Levy: A tax lawyer can help you come to an agreement for an instalment plan to help remove any tax levies on your bank account.
- Penalty Relief: An IRS tax attorney Houston can help eliminate extra charges of penalty against you so that you can pay your taxes without any difficulty.
- Offer in Compromise: An IRS tax lawyer can help negotiate a reasonable compromise of the tax so that you can pay what you owe easily.
- Instalment Agreement: The lawyer help set up an instalment plan for you so that you can pay your taxes in instalments and not in a lump sum.
- Delinquent Tax Returns: A tax lawyer will help you in filing delinquent tax returns and help minimize hefty penalties.
- Audit Representation: A tax attorney’s experience can help you with audit representation so that you can better understand the process and minimize adjustments to your returns.
How can an IRS tax lawyer help you?
When you are facing a problem with the IRS, you should take the help of an IRS tax lawyer. Here is how an IRS tax lawyer Houston can help you:
- Case Research: The lawyer will help find the solution to the problem you are facing with the IRS. They can also handle IRS notices.
- Communication with IRS: An IRS tax lawyer can communicate with an IRS representative better than you, by relying on their experience. So, by signing form 2848, you will allow the lawyer to represent you while communication with IRS representatives.
- Tax Settlement Negotiations: With the help of a tax attorney, you can negotiate your tax payment in a better way.
- Client Court Representations: When you need to go to court for your cases regarding tax debts, you need an attorney to represent your case.
- Save Money of Clients: By working with a tax attorney, you will be able to save money as the attorney can construct strategies through which you will save taxes.
The Bottom Line
Whenever you find yourself in a tax-related problem, you can take the help of an IRS tax lawyer Houston.