If you have been engaged in the foster care system as a foster family, foster child, particularly in comparison of a foster child, or applicant to become a foster parent, you might just have grounds to file a formal complaint against the government or a child protective services agency. Examples of such occurrences include:
You, your kid, or a relative in foster care lawyers near me may have been or are now being mistreated. You may feel that your application to become a foster parent was denied or postponed due to legal harassment and discrimination of your age, race, nationality, religion, or gender identity.
You may think that the residence research and/or proper investigation were done illegally or contained incorrect information that prohibited you from being licenced to care for children or adults.
How a Foster Care Lawyer Can Assist
- A lawyer can assist you assess if you have a genuine cause of action. An attorney can help you determine if you can:
- Contest whether the age restriction for becoming a foster parent is too high or too low.
- Bring a lawsuit for damages as a result of the abuse you endured while being fostered.
- The conclusions of the complete module and background inquiry might be challenged.
- Visitors and thier lawyer can also conduct an investigation to establish if your appeal was treated properly and without bias, or if the agency was negligent in its obligations and you are entitled to legal redress.
A practitioner who specialises in adoption-related legal assistance is known as an adopting lawyer. While an adoption agency may help with many things, a lawyer is the only expert who can handle the legal aspects of an adoption. Their goal is to ensure that all adoptions are performed in accordance with state and federal regulations, as well as to defend the rights of each individual involved in an adoption.